Thursday, May 28, 2009

Michael, what happened?

Michael, what happened? I was born in 82, meaning as a kid I can remember be born into your music. At the ages of 9 and 10 when I really started to let music seep into my ears, I can remember the unparalleled pop sound that moon-walked over musical boundaries and set a stage far too high for fellow musicians of the time to follow. Skip to the 2000's and we're confronted with a new and grim reality of our most prized pop icon. Michael Jackson has been charged not once but twice for child molestation, he has bleached his skin white, had multiple facial surgeries (most particularly his nose) and has acted in bizarre stunts (such as hanging his infant from a balcony). Dammit Michael!!! You used to be so damn cool, I mean I can remember totally ignoring the weird voice and paying more attention to the suave dance moves and rock gestures (which now I fear had ulterior motives). I mean who gets away with the infamous crotch grab? Do you remember that? This guy would be in a concert, rocking out, singing and dancing and at some point in the artistically skilled moves would go for a total crotch grab. Wow, you really have to have something special to get away with that, and he did. I don't know about the rest of you but I'll just try to remember the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment